If you need to upgrade your node software to V2 please read the following information:
1. Cancel/destroy servers currently running on other VPS providers.
2. Follow the instructions here to set up your servers again in order to run V2 node software.
If your nodes go offline even if your VPS servers are running, you can try opening the console for your server and logging in to your Galvan account and see if they come back online. If they do not, then you will want to destroy those VPS instances and deploy new ones.
In order for the Galvan Blockchain to verify your nodes are online and running, the ping data is required from your node running a full 6-hour cycle. Your VPS provider displaying your server as running doesn't mean that your Galvan Node software is online on that server. We recommend monitoring your node status from the dashboard at app.galvan.health.
To Check the Status of Your Node Through Vultr
1. Click on the Galvan node instance you are running
2. Click View Console
3. If root@"USERNAME" is displayed, continue to step 10. If root@"USERNAME" is not displayed, type the word "root" and click ENTER
4. Copy the password for your server from the details page (where you clicked View Console)
4. Click the toolbar icon on the left side of the window
5. With the toolbar expanded, click the clipboard icon
6. Click in the text area, and paste (Mac: ⌘ + V, Windows: Ctrl + V) the password in the text box
7. Click Paste
8. Hide the toolbar by clicking the toolbar button
9. Click ENTER, to submit the password
10. Click the toolbar icon on the left side of the window
11. With the toolbar expanded, click the clipboard icon
12. Click in the text area, and paste (Mac: ⌘ + V, Windows: Ctrl + V) the following command
systemctl status galvan.service
13. Hide the toolbar by clicking the toolbar button
14. Click ENTER
15. Your console will then display the node status to inform you if it is active as well as how many Galvan nodes you have active.
Please note: By changing your password to login to Galvan, you also need to update your Node Software credentials as well (Desktop Client and/or VPS) It is your responsibility to monitor the status of your node and ensure your Galvan node software is running. You can do this by logging into your Galvan dashboard at app.galvan.health