If you need to upgrade your node software to V2 please read the following information:
1. Cancel/destroy servers currently running on other VPS providers.
2. Follow the instructions below to set up your servers again in order to run V2 node software.
Your node could be offline for a number of reasons, we have listed some of the most common below. Please note that you are responsible for ensuring your node is online and running.
1. Your computer has entered sleep mode.
Your display does not have to remain on but if your computer is in sleep mode your node will not be able to run on your computer locally and you will have to follow the Mac install steps to bring it back online. The steps are found under step 4.
2. Vultr is showing my server running but my node says offline.
This means your server is running, but your node software is not. You may need to restart your server or open the server console and log into your Galvan Account again.
3. My power went out or my wifi rebooted.
This could cause your Galvan Software to restart which would require you to log in again.
4. I am running my node on my Mac with the Galvan Software but my dashboard says it is offline.
To Install Galvan Node Software Using your Mac Terminal Prompt
1. Click the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your computer
2. Type Terminal
3. Click ENTER
4. Type the following command:
5. Paste the following command: (be sure there are no spaces at the end)
bash <(curl -s https://static.galvan.health/go-node/install/mac_amd64.sh) -b galvan
6. For username, type the email to your Galvan Account, click ENTER
7. For password, type the password(this will not show what you are typing in the password field) to your Galvan Account and click ENTER
8. If the setup was successful, you will get the following message: “Galvan configuration complete!”
9. To check the status that your Node came back online properly copy the following
command:launchctl print gui/$UID/galvan | grep 'active count'
10. This will display “active node count = 1”
11. You can now close the Terminal Prompt
12. IMPORTANT If your Mac goes to sleep and your node goes offline follow the install steps to bring it back online.
To Check the Status of Your Node Through Galvan's website
After installation, you can check the status of your Galvan node at any time by logging into the Galvan Dashboard and seeing how many "nodes online" there are. You can also check in the node software installed on your computer as well as your reward history inside the Galvan Dashboard.