The following instructions are specific to Vultr. Galvan does not endorse or promote Vultr however, it is a popular selection within our blockchain community. There are a number of VPS providers available and the following is just one example of how that setup would function.
2. Create a VPS instance by clicking the plus icon on the top right
3. Select Cloud Compute
4. Select Regular Performance
5. Select the region closest to your location
6. Select Debian 11 x64
7. Select the 25 GB SSD priced at $5/month
8. Turn off "Enable Auto Backups"
9. You can keep the "Additional Features" the same
10. Under Server Hostname & Label you will want to name your server. The Hostname will be the same for all VPS setups you complete, and the Label Name will be the name for that specific Server.
Server Label Name: GalvanNode1
11. Click Deploy Now
Wait for the installation to finish (this may take a few minutes)
12. Once the installation has finished and the status says Running, click on the name of the server
13. Copy the password by clicking the clipboard icon, to the right of the password
14. Click on the computer screen icon, on the right side of the page.
This will open a new window that you will use to complete the setup.
If text is still loading wait for it to complete before continuing to the next step. Failure of the server to be completely deployed may result in you needing to destroy the server and start the process over.
15. In the console window, type the word “root” and click ENTER
16. Click the toolbar icon on the left side of the window
17. With the toolbar expanded, click the clipboard icon
18. Click in the text area, and paste (Mac: ⌘ + V, Windows: Ctrl + V) the password in the text box
19. Click Paste
20. Hide the toolbar by clicking the toolbar button
21. Click ENTER, to submit the password
22. Copy the command listed below, and paste it into the clipboard text box, then click Paste
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.galvan.health/softnode/galvan-node_linux-amd64.sh)
22. Hide the toolbar by clicking the toolbar button
23. Click ENTER to submit the above, pasted command
24. For username, type the email to your Galvan Account, click ENTER
25. For password, type the password to your Galvan Account and click ENTER
26. For node name, type whatever you'd like and click ENTER
27. If the setup was successful, you will get the following message: "Galvan configuration complete, you are now ready to run your node."
Your Galvan node is now running
To Check the Status of Your Node
After installation, you can check the status of your Galvan node at any time by logging into the Galvan Dashboard and seeing how many "nodes online" there are. You can also check in the node software installed on your computer.